Warehouse logistics specialist
"Andreas Schmid has become like a second family to me."
"I first heard about Andreas Schmid through my father, who is a head of department in the company. It was important to me to have an apprenticeship that was full of variety. Already as a trainee, with the wide range projects and all the different customers, you get to see plenty of processes and procedures at Andreas Schmid.
I really enjoyed driving a forklift truck at the beginning of my training. Later I found the work in the office with the inventory control system super. I also think it's great that I am allowed to work independently here.
The best thing for me was when I learnt in the second year of my apprenticeship that my responsible project manager wanted to take me on. Andreas Schmid has since become like a second family to me. The colleagues are always able to motivate each other no matter how hectic it gets in a day."
Are you interested in organising a storage facility?
It's not just the word "storage" that small parts storage, floor storage, high-rack storage and hazardous goods storage have in common – you can find all four of them at Andreas Schmid! In the meantime, storage has become quite an extensive term. There are now many different kinds of storage and it is no longer so easy to distinguish between them! Would you like to know what the differences are and are you interested in looking behind the scenes in a warehouse? Are you interested in organising a storage facility? Then you are in just the right place at Andreas Schmid Logistik AG!
The job description: warehouse logistics specialist (formerly inventory administration specialist)
Duration of training: 3 years
Area of work: as a specialist in warehouse logistics you will be deployed both in the warehouse and in the office. Various different tasks await you in both areas. These include everything from checking the incoming consignments, recording the stock data by computer to selecting the right packaging for dispatch.
Contents of the training:
- Receipt of goods: checking, preparation and complaining about any deficiencies
- Warehouse/Logistics area: data capture, assigning storage space, stock control, combining goods according to customer wishes
- Outgoing goods: packaging, ascertaining freight space, cooperation with forwarding agents, train services, post etc.
- Office: learning about connections between the flow of goods and data, working with PC and telephone, also in the English language, acquiring knowledge in the area of occupational safety and environmental protection
- A good school leaving certificate qualification
- A sense of responsibility, attentiveness and commitment
- Confidence in working with the German language
- For an apprenticeship with us, a prior (school holiday) internship is absolutely necessary.
Your dream job? Then apply now!
Tel.: +49 (0) 821 – 804 – 4770